Platform User Agreement
Platform User Agreement
This Platform User Agreement (“Agreement”) is a binding agreement entered into on the date upon which you click “I Agree” after reading the terms below (the “Effective Date”), and is between you (“End User” or “you”) and Solos Technology Limited (“Solos”). This Agreement governs your access to and use of Solos’ app platform that sells technologically enhanced eyeglass frames and eyeglasses and that provides support and content managing and reporting functionality (the “Platform”). The Platform and enabling software is licensed, not sold, to you.
By using the Platform, you (a) acknowledge that you have read and understand this Agreement; (b) represent that you are 18 years of age or older; and (c) accept this Agreement and agree that you are legally bound by its terms. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not register to use the Platform.
- User Name/Password Protection. You also will be required to choose a username and password for your account. You agree that you are entirely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password you use to access the Platform. You authorize Solos to assume that any person using the Platform with your username and password is you or is authorized to act for you. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account.
- Your Responsibilities.
(a) You have and will retain sole control of all access to and use of the Platform by any individual using your Platform logon credentials, including any: (i) information, instructions, or materials posted by or provided by any individual within the Platform; (ii) results obtained from any use of the Platform; and (iii) conclusions, decisions, or actions based on such use.
(b) You have and will retain sole responsibility for: (a) all information, data, and other content, in any form or medium, that is collected, downloaded, or otherwise received, directly or indirectly from you, or from any individual using the Platform through your mobile application, by or through the Platform or that incorporates or is derived from the storage, compilation or management of such information, data, or content by or through the Platform; (b) all information, instructions, and materials provided by or on behalf of you or by any individual using the Platform through your mobile application; (c) your information technology infrastructure, including computers, software, databases, electronic systems (including database management systems), and networks, whether operated directly by you or through the use of third-party services; (d) the security and use of your mobile application through which the Platform can be accessed; and (e) all access to and use of the Platform directly or indirectly by you or any individual using the Platform via your mobile application, with or without your knowledge or consent, including all results obtained from, and all conclusions, decisions, and actions based on, such access or use.
- Product Purchases.
- Pricing and Payment.
(a) Pricing. Solos offers free versions of the Platform that includes limited functionality. Solos also offers a subscription-based service package the payment for which “unlocks” certain Platform features. The subscription fees will be communicated at the time of order. You agree that if processing payment for your subscription fails for any reason, e.g., your method of payment, such as a credit or debit card, is refused, Solos reserves the right to disable your access to the Platform. If your account is disables and you need to re-subscribe, you might need to pay a higher rate than we had charged prior to our disabling access.
(b) Pricing Increases. Subscribing to a services package at a given monthly rate does not represent or result in Solos’ commitment to making the Platform available at that rate for any amount of time. Solos may increase the pricing for the Platform at its sole discretion with notice to you.
- Solos’ Text Messaging Service.
Solos may offer SMS/text messaging services in connection with the Platform. By consenting to Solos’ SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of Solos’ through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders). You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with Solos. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for this text messaging service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies, and message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to the number provided or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You will receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other Solos mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms. We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the text messaging service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages. The wireless carriers supported by Solos’ text messaging service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
Finally, to the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Solos’ text messaging service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or the service.
- User Content.
(a) The Platform may allow you to submit, upload, publish or otherwise make available to Solos through the Platform text, graphics, audio or video authored by you or others, data arranged and compiled by you or others, or information collected by Solos’ smart frames about your health, fitness, activities and location (“User Content”). Any User Content generated by or provided by you remains your property, or the property of others where applicable. However, by posting User Content within the Platform and submitting the User Content to Solos or by using the SOLOS smart eyeglass frames, you grant Solos a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to use, edit, copy and distribute (solely at Your direction) such User Content in all formats and distribution channels now known or hereafter devised (including in connection with the Platform and Solos’ business and on third-party sites and services), without further notice to or consent from you, and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity.
(b) You represent and warrant that: (i) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases necessary to grant Solos the license to the User Content as set forth above; and (ii) neither the User Content, nor your submission, uploading, publishing or otherwise making available of such User Content, nor Solos’ use of the User Content as permitted herein will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party's intellectual property or proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
(c) The Platform is intended to manage and organize the User Content and enable the efficient distribution and use of the User Content that you submit. Solos will exert commercially reasonable efforts to provide the Platform in an error-free manner. You understand that Solos does not warrant accuracy or a lack of data processing errors. Furthermore, you agree to engage in validation review of the User Content as it appears in the Platform to independently ensure the integrity and usability of the User Content, and to inform Solos of any errors, inconsistencies or issues that should be addressed.
- Prohibited Uses of the Platform.
(a) You agree not to access (or attempt to access) the Platform by any means other than through the mobile app provided by Solos. You agree that you will not copy or scrape, through manual or automated means, any data from the Platform apart from your use of the data needed by or useful to you for your individual use consistent with the intended use of the Platform. You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Platform (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Platform). You agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Platform for any purpose. You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Solos has no responsibility or liability to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under this Agreement and for any consequences (including any loss or damage which Solos may suffer) of any such breach.
(b) You agree that you shall not transmit to Solos or upload to or through the Platform (whether as User Content or otherwise) any Harmful Code, or use or misappropriate the Platform for your own commercial gain. “Harmful Code” shall mean any software (sometimes referred to as “viruses,” “worms,” “Trojan horses,” “time bombs,” “time locks,” “drop dead devices,” “traps,” “access codes,” “cancelbots” or “trap door devices”) that: (a) is designed to damage, disrupt, disable, harm, impair, interfere with, intercept, expropriate or otherwise impede in any manner, any data, storage media, program, system, equipment or communication, based on any event, including for example but not limited to (i) exceeding a number of copies, (ii) exceeding a number of users, (iii) passage of a period of time, (iv) advancement to a particular date or other numeral, or (v) use of a certain feature; or (b) would enable an unauthorized person to cause such result; or (c) would enable an unauthorized person to access another person’s information without such other person’s knowledge and permission.
(c) Without limiting the foregoing and by way of example only, users may not:
Generate or facilitate unsolicited commercial email (“spam”). Such activity includes, but is not limited to:
- sending messages in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act under U.S. law or any other applicable anti-spam law;
- imitating or impersonating another person or his, her or its email address, or creating false accounts for the purpose of sending spam;
- sending messages to users who have asked not to be contacted;
- selling, exchanging or distributing to a third party the contact information of any person without such person’s knowledge of, and continued consent to, such disclosure; and
- using Solos contacts in violation of Solos policy, as determined by Solos, including, for example, as indicated by low response rates from those persons contacted.
- Send, upload, distribute or disseminate any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content, or offer to do the same.
- Intentionally distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other Harmful Code or items of a destructive or deceptive nature.
- Conduct or forward pyramid schemes or similar programs.
- Transmit content that may be harmful to minors.
- Impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any email.
- Transmit another’s intellectual property or other proprietary or confidential information without such owner’s or licensor’s permission.
- Violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Promote or encourage illegal activity.
- Interfere with other Solos users’ enjoyment of the Platform.
- Create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses.
- Sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit for any unauthorized commercial purpose, or transfer, any Solos account.
- Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Platform.
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Platform without Solos’ explicit written permission.
- Contact other Solos users about multi-level marketing (MLM) programs or any topics Solos considers detrimental to its users.
- Create multiple Solos accounts without permission.
- Bypass any limitations or suspensions of functionality.
- Provide false information.
- License Grant. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Solos grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and nontransferable license to download, install, and use the Platform for the Term strictly in accordance with the Platform’s documentation. For the avoidance of doubt, this license does not entitle you to distribute or re-sell the Platform or any data accessed through the Platform.
- License Restrictions. You shall not:
(a) copy the Platform, except as expressly permitted by this Agreement;
(b) modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Platform;
(c) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Platform or any part thereof;
(d) remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from the Platform, including any copy thereof;
(e) rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Platform, the data accessed through the Platform (other than your User Content), or any features or functionality of the Platform, to any third party for any reason, including by making the Platform available on a network where it is capable of being accessed by more than one device at any time; or
(f) remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management, or security features in or protecting the Platform.
- Reservation of Rights. The Platform and its entire contents (other than materials you submit), features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by Solos, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. You acknowledge and agree that the Platform is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the Platform or the data accessible through the Platform under this Agreement, nor do you acquire any other rights thereto other than to use the Platform in accordance with the license granted, and subject to all terms, conditions, and in accordance with the Platform’s documentation. Solos reserves and shall retain its entire right, title, and interest in and to the Platform, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein or relating thereto, except as expressly granted to you in this Agreement.
You represent that you own, or a third party that has provided permission to you to use, all content that you or any individual using the Platform under your logon credentials submit to the Platform, and Solos disclaims ownership of or responsibility for such content. You hereby irrevocably grant all rights and permissions in or relating to such content as is necessary or useful to Solos to enforce this Agreement and exercise Solos’ rights and perform Solos’ obligations hereunder.
- Updates. Solos may from time to time in its sole discretion develop and provide Platform updates, which may include upgrades, bug fixes, patches, other error corrections, and/or new features (collectively, including related documentation, “Updates”). Updates may also modify or delete in their entirety certain features and functionality. You agree that Solos has no obligation to provide any Updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality. If you access the Platform via a mobile Platform, and depending upon your mobile device settings, when your mobile device is connected to the internet either:
(a) the Platform will automatically download and install all available Updates; or
(b) you may receive notice of or be prompted to download and install available Updates.
You shall promptly download and install all Updates and acknowledge and agree that the Platform or portions thereof may not properly operate should you fail to do so. You further agree that all Updates will be deemed part of the Platform and be subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement.
13 Third-Party Materials. The Platform may display, include, or make available other users’ and other third-party content (including data, information, services, and other products, services, and/or materials) or provide links to third-party websites or services, including through third-party advertising (“Third-Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that Solos is not responsible for Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Solos does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Notification: If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Content infringes upon your copyright, you may submit a written notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) for further information) by providing our Copyright Agent (listed below) with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
- a description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a notification, a representative list of such works at our Platform
- a description of the location on the Site of the allegedly infringing material(s); (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address
- a written statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material(s) in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- a written statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
Solos’ designated Copyright Agent for notice of claims of infringement is:
[Name, street address]
Only notices of alleged copyright infringement should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to Solos’ customer service through email@example.com. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the notice requirements of the DMCA, your notice may not be valid.
Counter-Notification: If you believe that any User Content of yours that was removed is not infringing, or that you have the appropriate rights from the copyright owner or third party, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your User Content, you may send a counter notification containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- your physical or electronic signature
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled
- a statement (under penalty of perjury) that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material
- your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, along with a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Boston, Massachusetts and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement
If a counter notification is received by the Copyright Agent, Solos may send a copy of such counter notification to the original notifying party. The original notifying party shall have ten (10) business days to file an action for copyright infringement and seek a court order against the content provider or user posting such material. If no such infringement action is filed within such 10 business days, we may, in our sole discretion, reinstate the removed material or cease disabling such material.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, Solos may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate access, at Solos’ sole discretion, of any user that we find to be a repeat infringer of others ‘copyrights. Solos may also, in its sole discretion, limit or fully terminate access to the Platform of any user infringing the intellectual property rights of others, regardless of whether such user is a repeat offender or not.
- Representations and Warranties.
You represent and warrant that:
(a) you are in compliance and will comply with all laws applicable to your use of the Platform;
(b) you own or otherwise have and will have the necessary rights and consents in and relating to all content that you or any individual using the Platform through your downloaded Platform application so that, as received by Solos and stored and shared within the Platform, such content does not and will not infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate any intellectual property rights, privacy right or other rights of any third party or violate any applicable law;
(c) you have the right and authority to enter into this Agreement; and
(d) your entering into this Agreement with Solos and your performance of your obligations under the Agreement do not and will not conflict with or result in any breach or default under any other agreement to which you are subject.
- Term and Termination.
(a) The term of Agreement commences on the Effective Date and will continue in effect until terminated by you as set forth below in Section 16(b) or by Solos as set forth below in Section 17(c).
(b) You may terminate this Agreement by ceasing to use the Platform, deleting the Platform from your mobile device and disabling your account through the Platform. If you do not disable your account, Solos will continue to process payments using your payment method, including at rates that might increase over time. Your final subscription payment will be the next scheduled payment after your account termination.
(c) Solos may terminate this Agreement at any time without notice if it ceases to support the Platform, which Solos may do in its sole discretion. In addition, this Agreement will terminate immediately and automatically, and Solos reserves the right to disable your or any individual’s access to the Platform, without any notice if you violate any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. This Section 16(c) does not limit any of Solos’ other rights or remedies, whether at law, in equity, or under this Agreement. Your payment obligation would cease immediately should Solos exercise its without cause termination option described in this Section 16(c).
(d) Upon termination:
(i) all rights granted to you under this Agreement will also terminate; and
(ii) you must cease all use of the Platform and, if applicable, delete all copies of the Platform from your mobile device and account.
(e) Termination will not limit any of Solos’ rights or remedies at law or in equity. Moreover, upon termination or expiration of this Agreement Sections 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16(d), 16(e), 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25 and any other provision of this Agreement that by its terms would be expected to survive termination or expiration of this Agreement will survive termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. THE PLATFORM IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, SOLOS, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE PLATFORM, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. YOU AGREE THAT SOLOS CANNOT CONTROL AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BEHAVIOR AND COMMUNICATIONS OF OTHER USERS. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, SOLOS PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, PLATFORMS, WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE PLATFORM, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS OR BE ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATIONS ON THE APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO IT COULD BE THAT SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS DO NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE INFORMATION OR VIEWS SHARED AT OR VIA THE PLATFORM DO NOT CONSTITUTE MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE PLATFORM, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, DATA OR SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTED BY, DOWNLOADED OR ACCESSED FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING CHATGPT QUERY RESULTS, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL SOLOS, ITS PRINCIPAL OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PLATFORM OR THE CONTENT AND SERVICES FOR:
(a) PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
(b) IN THE CASE OF ONE-TIME USE LICENSES, DIRECT DAMAGES IN AMOUNTS THAT IN THE AGGREGATE EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO SOLOS FOR USE OF THE PLATFORM DURING THE ONE (1) YEAR PERIOD PRIOR TO THE EVENT THAT GIVES RISE TO YOUR CLAIM OF LIABILITY ON SOLOS’ PART.
SOLOS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY YOUR DELAY IN PERFORMING, OR FAILURE TO PERFORM, ANY OF YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. THE PLATFORM AND SERVICES DO NOT REPLACE THE NEED FOR YOU TO MAINTAIN REGULAR DATA BACKUPS OR REDUNDANT DATA ARCHIVES. SOLOS HAS NO OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, ALTERATION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, CORRUPTION, OR RECOVERY OF YOUR DATA.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR SOLOS WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Solos and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including attorneys’ fees (collectively “Claims”), arising from or relating to your use or misuse of the Platform or your breach of this Agreement, including but not limited to the content you submit or make available through this Platform.
- Geographic Restrictions. Solos makes no claims that the Platform, any of its content, or the Platform are accessible or lawful outside of the United States. Access to the Platform and use of the Platform might not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Platform from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Furthermore, by agreeing to the terms of this Agreement you consent to the processing of your personal data in the United States.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, the remainder of the provision will be amended to achieve as closely as possible the effect of the original term and all other provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect; provided, however, that if any fundamental term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall be unenforceable.
- Governing Law & Venue. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Platform shall be instituted exclusively either in federal court in the United States District Court for Massachusetts in Boston or in the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in Suffolk County. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
- Limitation of Time to File Claims. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE PLATFORM MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES OTHERWISE SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- Waiver. No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any right or any power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any applicable purchase or other terms, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.